- All drivers must be 25 years and older with a valid driver's license and clean driving records (no major moving violations, DUI convictions, or similar infractions). All renters must be physically present at the start of the rental in order to sign paperwork for the rental.
- Due to the types of vehicles we rent and the nature of the insurance industry, all renters must carry some form of insurance to cover damages to the vehicle in the event of an accident. Customers are required to have their own full-coverage insurance (liability, comprehensive, collision and loss of use). One of San Diego Prestige Rentals employees will verify with your insurance company if that coverage will transfer over to the vehicle being rented. It does not matter what you drive personally - as long as you have insurance in good standing, your carrier will cover damages to our cars.
- Another option is if you have an American Express credit card - they offer a program called 'Premium Car Rental Protection'. This is available directly from American Express and provides coverage for your GDC rental vehicle. This is a great option because it can be purchased in addition to your regular insurance policy and provides an extra layer of protection.
- If neither of the above applies, there are some third-party companies that provide damage waiver products.
- Vehicles are available for rent to international visitors with a valid passport and driver's license from their home country. Best options for international renters regarding insurance coverage would be the American Express 'Premium Car Rental Protection', or getting coverage from a third-party company. Please note that international renters who do not have their own insurance coverage will be subject to a higher security deposit ($5k - $15k, depending on vehicle).
- Additional drivers may be listed as authorized drivers. Additional drivers may be listed on your Rental Agreement at no additional charge. Each additional driver must submit a driver's license in advance and must have the above qualifications (age, licensing and driving-record restrictions, etc).
- Car rentals have a minimum of 24 hours (excluding chauffeur services). Half-day car rentals may be available depending on the vehicle.
- Yacht charters have a minimum of 2 & 3 hours depending of the yacht.
- We also do long-term rentals (weekly and monthly), please contact us for more information.
Delivery / Pick-up
- Vehicle deliveries and pick-ups are available for all of our vehicles and included in our rates. We can both deliver and pick-up to/from your door or any other area in San Diego County. Additional fees may apply for pick-up/delivery outside of San Diego County.
- If you choose to pick up your rental vehicle at our location, we offer free parking for your own car in our secured garage for the duration of your rental.
- All renters must leave a damage deposit in the form of a credit card authorization. Any damage found on the vehicle upon return will be billed against this authorization. Damage deposits will vary depending on vehicle and the rental period.
- Once a reservation with San Diego Prestige Rentals is made, 100% payment is due at reservation to hold the date(s). There is no penalty for cancellation or rescheduling up to (2) business days before the rental. Beyond this period, a refund is not permitted. In the event of a cancellation or rescheduling of your rental, you are NOT entitled to a cash refund for your deposit. If you cancel or reschedule less than (2) business days before your scheduled rental date (or are a no-show at the time of rental), you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the total rental cost. Vehicles are subject to change in the event of mechanical breakdown.
- VISA, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express are the preferred method of payment for rental fees and damage deposits. In certain cases, cashier's checks and wire transfers are accepted. We do not accept payments in cash and personal checks.
Please note: San Diego Prestige Rentals has the right to refuse service to anyone.