- All drivers must be 25 years and older with a valid driver's license and clean driving records (no major moving violations, DUI convictions, or similar infractions). All renters must be physically present at the start of the rental in order to sign paperwork for the rental. No exception will be made.
- We do not recommend a same day reservation, as we are facing a very high demand and we need to verify your insurance coverage to make sure you qualify for a rental with us.
- Due to the types of vehicles we rent and the nature of the insurance industry, all renters must carry some form of insurance to cover damages to the vehicle in the event of an accident. Customers are required to have their own full-coverage insurance (liability, comprehensive, collision and loss of use) and to send a declaration page of their insurance coverage to us by email. One of San Diego Prestige employees will verify with your insurance company if that coverage will transfer over to the vehicle being rented. It does not matter what you drive personally - as long as you have insurance in good standing, your carrier will cover damages to our cars.
- Each driver is required to provide their own car insurance that covers any liability claim up to $100k/$300k/$50k and has full comprehensive & collision coverage with a maximum $1,000 deductible according to the following example:
Liability To Others Coverage Bodily Injury Liability $100,000 each person/$300,000 each accident Property Damage Liability $50,000 each accident Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist $100,000 each person/$300,000 each accident
Comprehensive: $1,000 deductible / actual cash value of the car
Collision: $1,000 deductible / actual cash value of the car
- Vehicles are available for rent to international visitors with a valid passport and driver's license from their home country. However, any international renter would need to get a US auto coverage from any third-party company (for example, AllState, State Farm). We do not accept credit card additional car rental coverage.
- Additional drivers may be listed as authorized drivers. Additional drivers may be listed on your Rental Agreement at no additional charge. Each additional driver must submit a driver's license in advance and must have the above qualifications (age, licensing and driving-record restrictions, valid insurance coverage, etc).
- Most of our cars are rented on a 24 hours basis. We offer 4 hours minimum or 8 hours rentals with the exotics. For more informations about renting an exotic for either 4 or 8 hours, please call us or inquire online.
- Yacht charters have a minimum of 2, 3 or 4 hours (depending of the yacht).
- We also do long-term rentals (weekly and monthly), please contact us for more information.
Delivery / Pick-up
- Vehicle deliveries and pick-ups are available for all of our vehicles and included in our rates. We can both deliver and pick-up to/from your door or any other area in San Diego County. Additional fees may apply for pick-up/delivery outside of San Diego County or for hourly rentals.
- If you choose to pick up your rental vehicle at our location, we offer free parking for your own car in our secured garage for the duration of your rental.
- A security deposit (in the form of a temporary authorization/hold on your credit card) is due on the first day of the rental and will be released once the vehicle is returned in same condition (security deposit varies from $1,500 to $2,500 depending on the type of car you would like to rent).
- If the car is returned damaged, we will hold your security deposit until we have opened a claim and cleared it with your insurance company.
- Once a reservation with San Diego Prestige is made, 100% payment is due at reservation to hold the date(s).
- There is no penalty for cancellation or rescheduling up to 48 hours before the rental date.
- There will be a penalty of 50% of the total rental cost if the rental is cancelled less than 48 hours prior the rental.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of your rental (or if you do not show up at the time of your rental), you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the total rental cost.
- There is no penalty for rescheduling a rental.
- Vehicles are subject to change in the unfortunate event of mechanical breakdown. In case you are not satisfied with a different option we would give you, you will be entitled to a refund of 100% of the total rental cost or to reschedule the rental on a different day without any penalty.
- VISA, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express are the preferred method of payment for rental fees and security deposits. In certain cases, wire transfers are accepted. No cash payment accepted, as we need a credit card on file in order to process the reservation and the temporary security deposit.
Please note: San Diego Prestige has the right to refuse service to anyone.
NO DRIVING TO MEXICO ALLOWED WITH ANY OF OUR CARS!